I've been away from the hobby for the better part of 8 years and caught the bug again not very long ago. I have been lurking here for nearly 2 months and became an active member almost a month ago in that time I've built my stand , canopy and Led lighting. well after many long weeks of building , planing and waiting for deliveries to arrive today is the big day I finally flooded my tank and placed some plants.
MGOPS 1", Flourite black sand 2"
So far hoping to add more soon.
- creeping jenny
- Lindernia sp. mini
- Luwiga glandulosa
- Ludwiga sp. red
- Hygro sp.??
- Water Wisteria
- Compacta Hygrophila Corymbosa Stricta
- Dwarf Hairgrass Eleocharis parvula
- Cardinal plant - Melted never came back
- Banana plant
- Cabomba furcata
2 55watt 50/50 power compact, 16 3watt leds with 60* optics 8 6500k 8 12000k. May add more Led's as time goes on will let the plants dictate if I need more light right now it's looks to be Mid to High light time will tell.
Jager 150watt X 2
AS of right now the plan is to have, All stocking is subject to availability.
- 4-6 Bosemani Rainbows 3 so far
- 3-6 Iranian Red Rainbows
- 10 - 15 neon tetras 12 so far
- 4 - 6 Cory cat's 5 Pygmy cories
- 4 - 6 Dennison Barbs Probably going to get something else
None as of yet but may add it at a later date.
SunSun 303B(W/UV) rated at just over 500Gph Filled from top down.
- 2 Fine Filter Pad's Chemi pure and 1 50 micron felt pad
- 1 fine filter pad under 6 plastic pot scrubbers on top of porous glass beads for more bio filtration.
- Ehfi-synth (it was free reminds me of a jumbo sized pot scrubber) over Ceramic noodles to help trap larger debris. UPDATE: replaced this with 2 bonded pads didn't care for it at all
Here are a few pics right after the first flooding it's very cloudy but not as bad as I thought it might be probably going to do 1 WC before going to bed then see what it looks like tomorrow.
Tested for Ph both in the tank and from the tap and both are at 7.4 still need to double check the water parameters for the fish on my list then adjust from there.
And on to the Pics