The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Marko's ADA 30C - Rili Shrimplets (8/30/13)
View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (59/100%)
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
I think an iwagumi scape would be great. Can be hrd to pull off in a cube but can be done for sure.
would have a lot of open space. but thats not necessarily a bad look...
im pretty confident i want to incorporate some r. fluitans. i love the way it pearls. beyond that, no clue.

also, im tired of cherries. they are gone come december. ill use a different neocard, and try out some CRS to see how they do. i have an RO unit, so i should be able to tweak the kh and gh by mixing RO with tap. id rather if i could stay away from the expensive shrimp remineralizers.

Originally Posted by ad3hybrid View Post
Love your tank! Mind sharing how you keep your Downoi healthy? Mine always melt..
thank you.
i wish i could give you some secret on how to make it thrive, but there isnt one.
just good light + CO2 + fertz.
i never had any issues with it. i just put it in the tank, and it grew. they way i set my tanks up, there are very few plants that give me trouble. but it took a lot of time and dead plants to figure out how to do that. getting your CO2 right is usually the key to this.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome