The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - okay your thoughts are needed on EVERYTHING
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

i had picked this tank because it's so much longer then the other 2.5 gallon tanks and he is so happy in his 1 gal bowl (blowing bubble nests daily) that i want him to have more room to run.

he's pretty mellow so i may try a shrimp in with him, are cherries better then ghost (why she likes ghost is beyond me)
already planned on ditching the top, adding a filter, have a heater/light already with a plant in his bowl.

i do want to keep it really small as i like it on the dining room table (it's where i have my coffee and work during the day and he seems to be happy hanging out with me)

do i need anything under the tank?

just ordered the substrate, once it's here i'll get the plants (or maybe before so i can desnail them (the anachas came with a pond snail - ick)

any thoughts on type of snail (dear lord please don't let there be a 'ghost' snail)...
i love the cherry shrimps, so maybe i'll win that one.. but she had to settle on the betta .. hmm...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome