The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Convert Lux meter to PAR meter?
View Single Post
post #150 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
The four filters used are Rosco #398, #4830, #53, #302.

This is a different group from those I mailed out to a few people. Selecting the right filters is sheer drudgery, but drudgery like working a good jigsaw puzzle is. You have to get filters whose total transmissivity is 1/7.6 (.1316), and whose spectral transmissivities add up to give you a good final spectral sensitivity. This required a spreadsheet where I copied the spectral sensitivities of many of the Rosco filters and combined different groups until I found a good grouping. There is a lot of logic involved in doing that, but there are also several different ways to approach it, only one of which finally worked for me.

I think I have enough of the four I selected left for perhaps 3 more meters, if anyone wants them.

I know this has been a confusing thread, since this final effort is at least the 4th version, and all are different in significant ways. It was a learn as you go experience for me. If it helps in figuring this out, this final version starts at Convert Lux meter to PAR meter?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome