The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fish hut in saddle brook nj off rt 46

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JIMNJCIL 
#1 ·
Has anyone visited this place before? how's the livestock? any inverts or plants?

#2 ·
I've been there several times. NICE selection on livestock, with great prices to boot! I bought my GBR there for $7.99, or was it $8.99? Either way, healthy fish!! They are a little thin on plants still. I know they are looking to add to that section. Although I am not a cichlid keeper, they have tons! Inverts....not too much. I know the guy told me they were always trying to get some in, and I have seen the tanks labeled for them. Not sure if I'm missing them or if they just haven't been getting them in. I definitely recommend this store for fish though. You can definitely find harder to find fish here as well.

#3 ·
Hi Shloken38. thanks for the input. looking forward to visiting them soon. someone recommended its near absolutely fish but it looks like route 46 sort of wraps around a bit so it looks a little confusing to someone one not from the area.

#5 ·
Fish Hut and Absolutely Fish are like 5 - 7 minutes apart. If you head out Route 46 West, you will come to Fish Hut first (although you do have to hit a u-turn to get there as it is on the East bound side). When you leave there, there is a traffic light right there where you can make a u-turn to get right back onto 46 West. The only reason I suggest this way is because Absolutely Fish is right where 46 meets up with route 3, and it gets kind of confusing at that point. To get to Route 4 Aquarium, not taking back roads, you would have to back track on 46 East, get onto 17 North to Route 4 West. I know, it all sounds crazy, but that's the best way. If you guys work out that NJ LFS trip that works with my schedule, I will be more than happy to join you guys and show you around. I am always heading out to these spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.