The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Oqsy's 55 gallon journal...*Updated 06/22/07*
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
to answer your placement question...

I reversed #'s 2 and 3. the big branchy one is to the lft of the taller one. the smaller pieces are hidden around and behind the others, except the anubias covered one which is in the left midground just like above.

to answer the purpose question... all of the above, perhaps.

I have plecos and cichlids that enjoy caves.
I have ferns, anubias, and mosses that look great on wood.
I have a fondness for the look of bare wood in a tank.

so there we are... no more info than before this post.

thanks a million for your posts so far, eds. I have about 8 anubias nana plants, 2 types of moss, and some small sprigs of narrow leaf java fern that I'd *like* to work into the setup, but at the same time, I fear that I'm probably trying to do too much in one tank. the most attractive aquascape I've had so far was the one with 3 species of plants (crypts, moss, and chain sword), whereas my 55 as it stands right now has about 9-10. I'm going to shuffle things around a bit and see how it looks. Expect more pics at the end of the week.

Eheim Pimp #171
55 gallon jungle in progress; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome