So a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to raise my lights some. Seeing as I was just trying it out I didnt want to spend any money, so to start I took some wood shims I had laying around and glued some together and cut it in half. That gave me two pieces about an inch and a half high.
After a couple weeks I decided to go a little higher, so I repeated the process and duct taped the 2 bigger pieces together just in case I didnt like the new height (3").
These have worked well and the plants seem to like this setup better. Seeing as how these blocks arent very stable I decided I wanted something a little more permanent, but still didnt want to spend any money....I remembered I had some plexiglass left over from another project a while ago. After deciding on the design I cut out the shape with a dremel and used a candle to heat the plexi so that I could make the bends. They came out great and are much more sturdy than the wooden blocks!
next I think I may try and trim them a little to look a little better...