Pump auto shutoff from Aquahub - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe
Pump auto shutoff from Aquahub

I don't always trust my sump working properly, so i found this pump stopper kit from aquahub. It's probably a little pricier, but it includes a relay and everything you need, and most importantly step by step instructions for this float switch pump turn off, for about $40.

Not sure if people knew already, but this might save people the time and headache of figuring it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 AM

Thanks for this recommendation! I was going nuts trying to find a turnkey solution for the general pump shutoff problem and this was as close as I could get. It definitely saved me the hassle of finding the right collection of parts to buy, and by giving me a basic, but I did hit a couple bumps along the way of putting it all together. First, I broke the reset switch and ended up having to buy a replacement from my local electronics store. Nothing in the instructions indicated that the reset is a normally closed switch, so that took two trips to figure out. Second, as near as I can tell the assembly instructions are just flat out wrong for the LED hook up.

I just finished putting the basic kit together last night so now I need to actually integrate it into the new tank I'm setting up. I extended the design by including a simple bus to connect multiple float switches in parallel so that I can monitor several different locations (tank, sump, etc.), including redundancy. The pumps will shut off if any one of them trips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode