I finally got a more detailed description for you Kazuya.
Here is a youtube video showing how he made basically made it (not our video)
Now handing it over to my dad to explain more.
Dad; There are a lot of similarities to the cabinet in the Youtube video, but as you mentioned, a major one was that I relied on screws rather than biscuits. Since the cabinet would ultimately be covered in plastic laminate, visible screws weren’t an issue, and it just makes glue up and drying time less of a factor.
There are a few differences in design that are more aesthetic than functional, for instance, my side panels extend past the bottom and we used two doors rather than one.
I made all my cuts on a tablesaw. The sides had a dado about 2” up from the panel’s edge to accept the bottom and were rabbetted for the top. All joints were glued, and I countersunk the screws so I could fill them. I use Bondo, a trick I learned from a cabinetmaker, since it hardens quickly and doesn’t shrink. I decided to include a center partition since the filled aquarium would be pretty heavy, and it too fits into a dado. I used a leftover piece of ¼” melamine coated plywood, rabbetted into the sides, for the cabinet back.
I used one 4x8 sheet each of ¾” plywood and laminate (plus the melamine for the back) and because I planned all my cuts ahead – and didn’t make any mistakes – those were all the materials needed. I recommend water based contact cement. It works just as well and is far safer to use.
I think the only thing I would change if I made another one would be to omit the center partition. Since the cabinet is small to start with, making all the connections for the filter, CO2, etc. gets a little cramped. If you’re concerned about strength, a better alternative might be to add a 2x4 or a doubled piece of plywood, front, back and center, to add rigidity without compromising storage space.
I hope this helps a bit. Thanks for your interest and feel free to contact us if you have further questions.