Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kansas city, KS
k...i spent like...forever watching youtube videos for diy CO2 diffusion and the only one that i really get is wit powerheads...im not stupid i just have visualization issues and do better being shown in person.
and if someone could answer these questions...they pile up and i hate asking cause i feel like i get ignored sometimes with all the questions. i just wanna do this right. and i do google this...but dont always find exact info i need
1. the ceramic diffusers, am i right in seeing their just glass bong/bulb looking things?
2. Does every 2L bottle need to have its own bubble counter?
3. Do you put check valves before or after the bubble counter? or before and after? if i have 3 set up?
4. bubble counters just say how much you have still going in tank, if any, right?
5. if fish are gasping it means too much co2 being put into tank? how would i adjust amount?
6. how do i turn it off at night? as i gather you dont run co2 when lights go out?
7. does the co2 bottle always have to be vertical to get best effect?
8. Would using something larger, like a water jug, work for diy co2? Make 3 batches at once in it, for example? Or would it put out too much or not work the same?