My ADA Style Cabinet with Plexiglass Door - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 962
.. thats freaking awesome! lol and here I am wondering how the hell I'm going to make a hanger for my lamp. good job!

Jeromeit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Thank you. A good ole hook from HD should work.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #33 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hopkins, MN
Posts: 273
Looks like your door opens on the wrong side
Pen3 is offline  
post #34 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 962
Agh I with I had the room to build something like this

Jeromeit is offline  
post #35 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,388
How long did the whole thing take to make if one were to devote an entire day to this project?
FlyingHellFish is offline  
post #36 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Looks like your door opens on the wrong side
Why do you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeit View Post
Agh I with I had the room to build something like this
I am sure you can make the room if you really wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
How long did the whole thing take to make if one were to devote an entire day to this project?
Well it was my first build and I started Friday night after work and finished sometime on Saturday since I had to go and buy new wood cause I cut some wrong. The plexiglass door was a PIA and took a few hours to shape and make perfect not to mention painting the border. I advise using wood glue prior to screwing each piece to avoid any squeaking. Finished product came out like a tank. So if you have some skills and all the proper tools I showed in the picture it should be good weekend project or maybe even a full day if you start early and make no mistakes.

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #37 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Here is a recent pic 6 months after the build:

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #38 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #39 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hopkins, MN
Posts: 273
i never seen a single door stand open to the right
Pen3 is offline  
post #40 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
i never seen a single door stand open to the right
Ohh. I like to be different.

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #41 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
HD Blazingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 4,907
SWEET stand.. i have stolen a few pointers for when i build one

i really like the clear door. a designi just now decided to incorporate
HD Blazingwolf is offline  
post #42 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Blazingwolf View Post
SWEET stand.. i have stolen a few pointers for when i build one

i really like the clear door. a designi just now decided to incorporate
Hey thank you very much I appreciate the compliments and flattered that you stole a few pointers as well as my clear door design. I love the way it looks when the LED lights are on at night changing colors slowly.

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #43 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
http://youtu.be/AKNHTbldkPM

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
post #44 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
chiefroastbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hong Kong/Dallas, TX
Posts: 815
Great looking that tank, cabinet, filter!

And I'm glad to know you're are not a Neo-Nazi.
chiefroastbeef is offline  
post #45 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
Uptown193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef View Post
Great looking that tank, cabinet, filter!

And I'm glad to know you're are not a Neo-Nazi.
Lol... no I am not and thank you for the compliments. Bad timing when I took that pic, lol

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
Uptown193 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome