I tried wine yeast one time. It didnt produce as much as the regular (using an equal amount)
Not sure if it would've lasted any longer or not. I had like 6 bottles running at the time, and the system was pretty dialed in. I wasn't really in a mood to experiment so I only used it for one cycle in two bottles.
, are you sure those containers are leak proof? They look suspect. The smallest seepage anywhere will throw the whole system out of whack.
Well so far I'm also seeing that the champagne yeast is not as 'potent' as bread yeast. I've seen claims that it lives longer at higher levels of alcohol, but then I've also seen reports that suggest it doesn't last any longer than bread yeast. I'm going to keep using it at least until it's gone, but I'll still also keep using the bread yeast...and may just end up using bread yeast.
I had previously used these Lock & Lock
canisters as a filter filled with Matrix/DeNitrate (attempting to culture anaerobic bacteria) and they were consistently water tight. (you will see from the link they are rated to be air tight).
In this setup I have also seen on two occasions where the check valve stuck so back pressure built up (when I removed the tube from the check valve there was a large CO2 gas release, which wouldn't be the case if they leaked). I may eventually need to use an 'O' ring lubricant/sealant around the seal, but so far this seems unnecessary.
Note: I seem to have a challenge with the check valves sticking (or restricting flow) between the mix canisters and the bubble bottle (and perhaps the bubble bottle and the tank). It may not be the chk valve sticking...I'm seeing a pressure buildup in the bubble bottle that causes water to be pushed up the disconnected tube (to outside the bottle but not to the chk valve). When the new mix is hooked up, I think a fair amount of pressure is required to push the water out.
Another curious observation: The time I used too much yeast in one container. the other had been producing 1 bps. This new mix was doing 3-4 bps and the resulting pressure in the bubble bottle caused the other to create back pressure in that line ans stop the bubbles. If I disconnected the new mix, the old mix would produce excessive bubbles for several seconds...as if the one side over pressured and shut down the other. So why is pressure building up in the bubble bottle? Unless there's back pressure in the line to the tank???
Footnote: I believe there is some slight back pressure in the line to the tank. I notice that the Elite meters out the CO2, but if I lower the Elite any lower in the tank, CO2 flow will stop. If one container over produces CO2, the back pressure will increase in the bubble bottle such that the chk valve on the other container will stop the CO2 flow (which then builds back pressure in that canister). Then when the pressure is released, the CO2 flow equalizes.
With the two canisters producing about 1bps, the tank becomes a mass of tiny micro-bubbles. I decided to put the pre-filter sponge back over the Elite output to filter/reduce the bubbles. I think this might also make for even better diffusion as the tiny bubbles are forced with water pressure against the inside of the foam chamber.