DIY LED Pendants brainstorming. Multichip? Vero18? help me! - Page 7 - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Children Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2surplus View Post
Not yet.... still trying to locate and source all the needed components at the best prices. I'm aiming to buy enough leds to build out at least 10 arrays, but the $600 price tag is a bit rich for my blood right now. I've already spent nearly $400 on just the PcB's & stencils alone..... Gotta pace myself
I still need:

Heat sinks designed for Vero 29's ( $27 - $79ea )

Vero 29 reflectors $?

12V/10amp laptop power supplies $?

All components needed for LM4314 led drivers ( approx $60 for each PlantLEDengine )

All components needed for the Controller PcB's $?

other assorted bits $?
I'm willing to buy 2 pendant array PCB from you without all of the components. If you provide a list of components, I can get them myself and solder them on. That should save you some time & money.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
I'm willing to buy 2 pendant array PCB from you without all of the components. If you provide a list of components, I can get them myself and solder them on. That should save you some time & money.
Thanks for the offer. I'll reserve a couple for you. Unless you already own an SMD reflow oven, I'd recommend letting me do the soldering. The Luxeon C leds are extremely small (2mm x 2mm) and without an accurate solder stencil to place the paste, would be very difficult to solder successfully.

225 Gal, Glass "Reef Ready" w/ dual Iwaki Pumps & 2 Ocean Clear inline filters. Makers 72" heat sink w/ 12 NanoBox V3 led arrays, custom built CC drivers. All controlled by a BlueFish "mini" Led Controller. iAqua Aquarium Controller , and a 20lb CO2 system w/ Milwaukee Ph Controller.
post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Children Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2surplus View Post
Thanks for the offer. I'll reserve a couple for you. Unless you already own an SMD reflow oven, I'd recommend letting me do the soldering. The Luxeon C leds are extremely small (2mm x 2mm) and without an accurate solder stencil to place the paste, would be very difficult to solder successfully.
Good call. I won't be able to solder something that small.

I just realized an ethernet cable has 8 wires inside. An RJ-45 plug would make a great input/output port for this.

Last edited by mistergreen; 01-10-2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: +
post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampo View Post
those EB strips are interesting...about 1 inch wide...i'm at work and can't jump on spectra but I wounder what the CRI and spectrum of those would look like in a 3 channel setup thinking it might make a cheap option to light a 75 gallon in my basement.

2x5700k strip
1x3000k strip

all mounted into a open box and hung a few inches above the tank.

could also make nice fish room lights setup how moscow guppy is suggesting...hmmm damnit I just figured out my fishroom lighting but I like this option and there reasonably cheap for the lighting...

Also just curious as far as CRI just so I can kinda get my head around it. 80 CRI how does that compare with say a beamswork bar, that really do give a washed out look. are the leds they use similar and around 80 or are they even worse and more toward the 70 CRI?
Think 5700K and 4000K would be a better match unless you really like warm light. The reds are covered equally by the 3000K and 4000K but the 4000K has a better ouput in the cyan area of the spectrum. Lots of greens and yellows in the 4000K as well though.
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissure View Post
Think 5700K and 4000K would be a better match unless you really like warm light. The reds are covered equally by the 3000K and 4000K but the 4000K has a better ouput in the cyan area of the spectrum. Lots of greens and yellows in the 4000K as well though.
thats kinda what I noticed when I dug into the data sheets. really neat product I honestly think it could be a great bang for buck for a simple setup for a lot of people.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode