The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is this a OK CO2 setup?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kubla 
#1 ·
Hey guys / gals,

After months of putting this off, I finally decided to put together my CO2 setup.

I've tried to follow everything by the book as much as possible, but not sure if this is how it should look like. Also, my diffuser / bubble counter set did not come with any instructions so I set it up based on what I thought made sense. However, I am not sure of that either.

Here's the video link:

https://youtu.be/UvcaC71A-E8

Excuse the algae mess, I'm working on that.

55 gallon setup
Citric Acid w/ Baking Soda
D-501 CO2 Kit
Bubble Counter & Diffuser Set

#4 ·
Or you an run the small co2 tube into a powerhead air inlet so the powerhead chops up the bubbles into tinier ones, and point it in a downward direction so it has more time to mix in the water before it hits the surface

#6 ·
as someone pointed out the reactor should go outside the tank and not inside. Connect your filter outflow hose to the side input. Get a separate hose and connect it to the outlet on the top of the reactor, this tube goes to the tank. Turn on your filter and see if theres something spinning inside the reactor, if there is then you are good to go. Note: this will reduce your flow, if this affect affect your tank circulation consider yourself buying a separate pump/powerhead

#7 ·
hi there, i was actually just trying that setup and it did spin. only problem i had was that it was leaking so i need to buy some clamps and reducers to make sure it is secured on tightly to each end of the 'reactor'.

i did have a different problem though. when i had to take apart my D501 CO2 kit, the bottle with citric acid made a loud popping noise and just fizzed it out everywhere on my carpet. luckily i did not have much in there. how can i make sure next time i want to take it apart, i turn it off safely.

here is link to the product: Aquarium DIY CO2 Generator System Kit D501 Green&Blue - US$24.99

here is video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cla2q6D0nxs

#8 ·
I said pretty much that to the vendor that sold it to me. They have an account on ebay and amazon. They insist it is a diffuser and has been a hot seller for them. Kept pointing me to the pictures on their listings,

It also says on the Amazon description that it diffuses ozone and won't leak carbon dioxide! There's some serious translation issues going on there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.