The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Oqsy's 55 gallon journal...*Updated 06/22/07*
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
Oqsy's 55 gallon journal...*Updated 06/22/07*

I've decided to tear down my 29 and 20, combine the flora and fauna as well as the best gear from the tanks to turn my 55 gallon tank into a high light, co2, fertilized tank. I've decided to experiment a bit here, and see if I can get a great looking 55 by using *your* input in pretty much all aspects of aquascaping (of course I reserve the right to say, "nope, don't like that idea", but I'll do my best to follow the consensus of the board.

The first step is hardscape.
I have about 12 pieces of driftwood, of which I've chosen the best 5 for the tank. Now what I need is for those who have a keen eye for hardscapes to either suggest, or better yet, illustrate, their thoughts on the ideal use of the driftwood as the framework for the rest of the tank. I have photoshopped a very basic outline of the wood on a blank background that is already the dimensions of a 55 gallon tank. The wood with green on it has either anubias or moss. After looking at the picture, that should make more sense. So, let's see or read *your* suggestions. I've got a couple of ideas already, but I'm eager for *your* ideas.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55-cut-paste-dw.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1945  

Eheim Pimp #171
55 gallon jungle in progress; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill

Last edited by Oqsy; 06-22-2007 at 06:58 AM. Reason: updates
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome