The Planted Tank Forum banner

Water Wisteria Dying

23K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mitchfish9 
#1 ·
I have all but lost all my wisteria that I ordered about a month ago. The stem turns brown first then it just melts away. It is weird because the other plants in my tank have thrived like crypts, stargrass, dwarf sag, ludwigia repens, amazon sword, and limnophila sessilflora.

Does anybody have a theory about what could of been happening?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
try a different source.
I've had success with the plant in larger tanks mainly, and it is a nutrient sponge, but it shouldn't be dying so quickly or like that.
Its a pretty plant too, so I hope you get it to work

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I really want to get more of it because it is a great plant.

I have decent lighting, and only dose flourish once a week. I also have dirt as a substrate so it is really a mystery to me how it died off.

My circulation was a little low however, but have since made it stronger about a week ago.

#8 ·
I disagree, I would take them out of the pots before planting. My guess is that you just got weak specimens and they didn't survive the move. A healthy plant should be able to be trimmed and replanted and still grow like crazy.

#16 ·
Thanks I will float the plants next time. However this plant did well for a couple weeks before it went downhill so its a little weird.

And I will also try not to bury the stem too much either. That could possibly be my problem, as the browning came from the bottom up.

Thanks for the heads up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.