The Planted Tank Forum banner

Building an Oasis

46K views 261 replies 71 participants last post by  izabella87 
#1 ·
So.... where should I begin..
I woke up this morning, and i remembered dreaming of an oasis..
Went to the store bought supplies to build it...
here are some in-the-process of buildin pics :)
Width: 29.1339" (74cm)
Height: 14.5669" (37cm)
Depth: 29.1339" (74cm)
Your tank's volume is approximately 12,364.2 cubic inches or 53.5 U.S. gallons, which is approximately 208.2 liters.

See less See more
#4 ·
Interesting idea...I've built a couple tanks, that glass looks frighteningly thin for 53.5 gallons. But then I use glass way thicker than necessary just for my own peace of mind. Look forward to seeing he progress though!

#7 ·
Perhaps the bottom will be the front? Looks like it only goes half way

#15 ·
So the light is up, a fish-wire suspends it to the ceiling.
The sand/rock/wood is also in
The water filled it up.. thank god... no leaks .. hold on ma go knock on wood lol..
The filter is running.. hopefully clear by tomorrow :)

#18 ·
VERY nice. The wood and rocks have transformed it massively and it all looks so natural. The plants compliment each other and are placed perfectly. This will look even better as it grows in which I'm really looking forward to.
Hats off to you for having the determination to follow through something from a dream and turn it into this. I imagine it will be a great focal point of the room it's in.
Are you planning anything for the submersed area fish wise???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Hi!, Thanks !

As for the fish, yet i dont know what to put in there.. a goldfish lol.. cuz it looks like a pond.. just kidding!
I literally dumped my 10 gallons in there. having now only 5 tanks in total haha...
Here's some update pics.

#21 ·
oh guppies/endlers i got soooo many in my 15 gallon tank
might get some rainbow fish and dwarf cichlids, because there's many rocks/caves. corys would be brilliant idea!
i guess i'll go to the pet store and see what jewels they've got ;)

#25 ·
6 glass pannels X 10$
1 silicone tube X 6$
Plants X 30$
Sand X5$
Stand X20$
Light Fixture X25$

Grand total : 146$
And it took 2 hours to glue both sides of the panels for maximum resistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.