The Planted Tank Forum banner

red cherry shrimp?

9K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  TeteRouge 
#1 ·
before i buy from online store, seeing if someone has 12 red cherry shrimp for sale in las vegas or know of a store that sells them?

$20 (will drive to pick up)

#4 ·
How did things work out? any luck locally? :) I'm looking as well, leery of shipping when its this hot. I'd rather purchase from local hobbyist/breeder if possible..

#6 ·
Hey guys. I do have some berried RCS that are going to pop soon...hopefully. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I wouldn't mind getting rid of some later down the road.
Great! Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your shrimp mamas ;)

#10 ·
All right! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

#13 · (Edited)
Looks like you and combswillie may have a couple of takers :D. I'm looking to buy or RAOK here in LV as well, just waiting for my tank parameters to settle down... So after Vermino gets his choice, count me in, too!

P.S. I don't mean to hijack, just keep the thread going and say "me, too!"

#14 ·
I just want to make sure my Betta does alright with (adult) shrimp. If not, that's means I'm investing into a 12 gallon long and play with red cherry. Yeah, personally don't want to pay like $40-50 on shipping for livestock. I just did that with plants from AZgardens and that was BRUTAL (baby tears, DHG, flame moss, and some other plant which was supposed to be dwarf saggiterias)

It's just sad we dont have a very active community here in vegas. I would love to get into the shrimp hobby (get some CRS's one day) but who knows if I could be like Priapus or the Reaper :icon_twis

#20 ·
.... Yeah, personally don't want to pay like $40-50 on shipping for livestock. I just did that with plants from AZgardens and that was BRUTAL (baby tears, DHG, flame moss, and some other plant which was supposed to be dwarf saggiterias)
It's just sad we dont have a very active community here in vegas. I would love to get into the shrimp hobby (get some CRS's one day) but who knows if I could be like Priapus or the Reaper
I've been there with AZGardens, whew! Just did an order with LiveAquaria- a little less, but still!
Well, there are 6 of us right here that have planted tanks and 5 that either have or want shrimp. There are another 4 that occasionally post. There have to be more of us out there, TropAquarium says every time they get cherry shrimp in, they sell out right away. Petco on Rainbow/Spring Mtn gets cherries, and they go even at $5 apiece… so maybe we have a start at least.
yes, i would've loved to find some buddies when my tank was thriving. it got a little out of hand when i relocated 7 times within the year lol. but we should all have a get together monthly once everyone knows one another. we could trade plants and shrimps ect...

....and maybe after awhile we all could have a bi monthly purchase where everyone pitch in for whatever they wanted and we could all split the cost of shipping. =D
....sometimes if the order is large enough, shipping is free :icon_bigg Even though overnight is really the best, its still a trip when the shipping costs as much or more than the order.

hmm... maybe sometime soon we should all try for an informal meetup.

Good looking shrimplet, Combswillie!

#15 ·
yes, i would've loved to find some buddies when my tank was thriving. it got a little out of hand when i relocated 7 times within the year lol. but we should all have a get together monthly once everyone knows one another. we could trade plants and shrimps ect.

i had a betta with my shrimps and let me tell you now, he will harrass the shrimp to no end. especially during feeding time. after placing my betta into the tank, the shrimp went into hiding most of the time. i had a colony of about 150+ in my 20 gal and i saw around 20 out in the open. i would suggest finding a small home for your betta =).

#22 ·
Hmmm. trying to figure out what store that would be. Blue Reef is Saltwater, I think. The farthest north LVAC I can think of is on N Rainbow nr Lake Mead...

#24 ·
oh yes, I know them. I get my tiger nerites there. Yes, they still have shrimp occasionally- I keep missing them, they don't last long :D

#26 ·
:biggrin::biggrin:

#32 · (Edited)
As Elppan says, there are a few of us in town, and a couple people have ones breeding, so things are looking up...

I finally got my Red Cherries back in August from Atlantis. Basically I kept asking if they were ordering any, and had them save some- I have ten, not breeding yet :icon_sad: but I will post when they do.. Think they were something like $3.98, buy 5, get 6th one free..? They also had a couple of bee shrimp and a crystal black..loved em, but my tank and talents aren't up to that..

Here my guys are going after some Azoo

ddrfreak_tung and I went to Trop Aquarium a couple weeks ago, they had cherries for 1.98, the ones with little red spots. They had a Fire Red and Amanos for $4ish...

We have a very loose, informal group of us locals on Facebook- it's open, all are welcome. It doesn't take the place of forums, but its fun and is a faster way to communicate http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LasVegas.Freshwater.Aquarists/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.