The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Blackwater-build jam session
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to Pooky125 Send a message via MSN to Pooky125 Send a message via Yahoo to Pooky125 Send a message via Skype™ to Pooky125
Mine doesn't totally have the black water look to it yet, though it will be in a few months once all the plants are established a little better... And it was started about a month before your deadline, though I'm fairly certain it isn't cycled yet. Still count?

*25(ish) gallon shallow square (picked it up on Craigslist for a a bag of sour skittles and a framed photo of Betty White, so, 3 bucks for the skittles?)
*3 18" t8 bulbs that desperately need to be replaced (free for now)
*300 GPH marineland 1140 powerhead with some pantyhose stuffed with filter floss wrapped around it to act as a sponge filter (free, old projects)
*200 watt heater set to 82 degrees (though the tank only measures out to 78) (free with tank)
*Substrate of Miracle Grow Organics Choice Potting Mix, and capped with Quikrete Medium All Purpose Sand. (8 bucks for the sand and soil)
*IAL leaf litter (6 dollars for a gallon bag shipped)
*locally collected driftwood and rocks (free)

*Java Moss
*Windelov Java Fern
*Crypt Wendtii
*Amazon Sword
*Rotala Green
*Pothos (sticking out of the top, nitrate sponge)
*Lucky bamboo (also sticking out of the top acting as a nitrate sponge)

*RCS colony (9 now, but one berried female, and 2 more that should berry up any day now)
Planned Fauna
*6 Chocolate Gouramis
*10 Pygmy Cories

And a few fairly recent pictures (though I need to take some more in a day or two after the recently trimmed Anacharis is visible again)

The rest of the images can be seen in it's Journal below.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome