All right. We all know I suffer from a serious case of Multiple Tank Syndrome. But who doesn't need another shrimp tank?!
Have decided to shut down my high-tech Ebi
within the next month and replace it with an ADA 45-F. I plan to house BTOE (Black Tiger Orange Eye shrimp) and some sort of Neo - possibly Orange/Pumpkin. Thought it'd be a good idea to start a new thread-journal to document my process.
The equipment I've already got on-hand:
What I plan to purchase:
- Eheim 2213 that's already running on my Ebi
- Pool Filter Sand and Turface (have to decide what to use)
- Tons of Aquasoil, UP Aqua Shrimp Sand, Azoo Plant Grower Bed, et al. Just don't want to use them because they buffer so much. If only I could get my hands on some Hirose Volcamia G!
- Plenty of moss
- ADA 45-F
- Maybe an ADA Garden Mat so I can take advantage of the warranty
- Archea 45cm LED fixture, as my tank will be low-light
- Flame Moss
- Mini Pellia
- Hydrocotyle tripartita - I've got a great stump this will look great behind
- Riccardia chamedryfolia (Coral moss)
I'd like to have it ready for shrimp by early September and think that's a realistic time frame. Gives me a couple weeks of prep time to make my mind up.
I'm open to any and all suggestions, though.
Will update with photos throughout the process.
Note: it's really tempting for me to get some Pygmy Cories or even Habrosus. Which maybe wouldn't be so great for shrimplets. I have a spare 20L and two 5.5s that may or may not become a Cory tanků so who knows?
I'm just excited to add a new ADA tank to the mix soon.