The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My First OEBT Shrimp Tank (Update 8/2/12 First Berried OEBT)
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
After procrastinating for hours I decided that since I want to house OEBTs in this tank I am going to try and do this right.

Here are my plans now:
-UGF run by a Rio Plus 50 (noise is an issue in my office but since I spend most of my time looking at the tank instead of studying...)I also plan on using the output to run a breeder box occasionally.
-Moss tree: yeah I know some people hate them but I wanted to keep this tanks plants simple because it will be receiving no CO2 or ferts.
-Maybe installing a tank divider/overflow made of lexan to hide the heater, HOB intake, and pump/intake of UGF.
-I am going to stay with the Fluval Shrimp Substrate: Does any one have any experience with it and a UGF filter? Also would a layer of crushed lava rock below the shrimp substrate help?
-Most likely going to ditch the fan idea because I think the temperatures are mostly due to the heater. I am having trouble with getting this elite 50w heater to keep the tank around 70-74. It was good yesterday but today the tank is steady at 76 with the house temperature being the same.
-Still going to be a shrimp only tank unless the chili rasboras in my 10g need to be rehoused because the flow in that tank is too much.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome