The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - First tank ever! Fluval Edge 6 gallon
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
MartyMA
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRugby View Post
This is my first planted tank and I joined this forum hoping for a little help. I've had aquariums for a while and finally decided to branch into the planted side. I thought I would start simply with a Fluval Edge 6 gallon. I set it up on my desk at my work. Luckily I work at a laboratory so I have access to all the RO water I need and I can do a complete water analysis myself if need be. For livestock I have: 4 raspora, 2 otos, 4 ghost shimp, and 1 snail. I figured I would let them acclimate to the tank before I add many more fish. I am currently using the stock lights and filter system. I usually keep the lights on for as long as I'm at work 8-10 hrs/day. I also added a waterplant C02 diffusion system. It is currently going at about 1 bubble/sec. My pH has been trending between 7.4-7.6. For plants all I have right now is dwarf hairgrass. My questions are these: What can I do to optimize my tank?, What do I need to study/research?, Is there anything I'm doing wrong/how can I change it?

I'm willing to learn and willing to work.
Thanks!
As you probably know already, the fluval edge lighting is very low. Only low light plants will thrive. I have anubias and moss in mine. I don't think you can add anymore fish. You are pretty much maxed with what you have right now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome