The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 20l Iwagumi internal sump *11/23/2012*
View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Originally Posted by awdturbo04 View Post
I want to have the light a good bit above this tank since its rimless and I want it to be able to be viewed with the whole tank including the top open. I also like the whole timing in different bulbs throughout the day and do it on my 75 with good growth. I also know its a novelty but i do appreciate the moon light as well.
It should work. I am using the same amount of wattage and my tank isn't very planted right now. I think the more bulbs the better, even if you only use the all for a short period of time, etc. It gives you flexibility.

I can't vouch for that fixture myself. As said, I don't believe it has the greatest reflectors but that is likely not going to be a problem, if it had amazing reflectors it may cause problems. I have read one person who had issues with the light and I don't know how it was resolved but many people are using them without issues. I think it's fine but my advice is meaningless here lol.

Can't wait to see this going. Looks like it's almost time to fill.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome