Ok so I reset the tank. The azoo soil was not doing very well for me and I was getting non stop BGA. I think because the azoo soil just buffers pH down and doesn't actually have any nitrogen in it. I wasn't dosing my nitrogren at EI levels since I assumed the soil would release some (as aquasoil does).
I tore it down, and refilled it with aquasoil powder type. Never used powder before but it fits with the scale of the tank. I also replaced my cal aqua lab outflow with an ada mini p-2 lily pipe. While the aqualab pipe looks great, the flow gets pointed downwards, and in a shallow tank like this, all it was doing was blowing the soil around.
I tried to reset the scape the same way I had it but couldn't get it just right. I think I like this one better anyhow!
On to pics!
Boo, it has the new logo >
Wish this was Amano's signature!
Stuck some stems behind one of the mountains to soak up excess nutrients. I think it's rotala sp. vietnam