The Planted Tank Forum banner

post your local tank(s)

60K views 752 replies 52 participants last post by  longgonedaddy 
#1 ·
ok, i know a lot of people are like me, too lazy for a journal...lol so i figured i would start a post where you can post a pic of your tank(s) without having to add specs and such. let's just call this a PA photo gallery. here are mine :

my 55. took this a few days ago, and it is different already..lol

my 20L grow tank. (almost empty after today)

my emersed bin

8gal Ebi... blue pearls and malawa shrimp

my 125
FTS

left side

right side

silly mts thinks it's a plumb bob....lol

that's all for now. enjoy folks, and post your tanks!!:bounce:

See less See more
#700 ·
Agreed, that's an awesome piece of wood. Have you considered moving it a few inches to the left? Then it won't reflect in the glass on the right and would be a bit more offset, placing it in the left third of the tank.

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela

#704 ·
Agreed, that's an awesome piece of wood. Have you considered moving it a few inches to the left? Then it won't reflect in the glass on the right and would be a bit more offset, placing it in the left third of the tank.

Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world ~ Nelson Mandela
Thanks! As soon as I saw it I knew I had to buy it. It's very hard to see in the photo, but the piece spans the entire length of the tank. Limits what I can do with it, sadly :(

#708 ·
6.1g bow front and 7.1g cube

3g bubble bowl, >0.5g vase, and 2g cookie jar

>0.9g cube

55g Riparium

20g long but its just an anubias qt right now not really 'planted'.. need to figure out plant/fish stocking by spring

Also have a 12g long but I have a hard time getting good fts... someday I'll post its photo (and journal)

#710 ·
I've never noticed any, I'd suspect my angelfish scared them away trying to catch them... Or my cats get them before they can reach the tank.

#712 ·
It's been a few years since I posted a new aquarium. I finally decided to convert my 125 from a dart frog viv, back to aquarium. I'm still working on hard scape. Here are my 2 main pieces I may be working with. It will be a black water tank, not sure yet if I am going se Asian or sa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#713 ·
Hey everyone.

Here's some pretty poor quality pictures of my 20 long. Thanks to Fishies_in_Philly for most of the plants.

Right now there is some number of red cherry shrimp greater than or equal to 4, a pond snail, and another snail I haven't seen before (pictured).

Attachments

#715 ·
Got some more plants in from Bamaplants. Picked up 5 Panda Cories and 5 Otos from petsmart. I count about 6 red cherry shrimp including one berried female.

I need to cut that microsword up and plant it more evenly spaced to get a better carpet going. I'll have to order some proper aquascaping tools.

Attachments

#719 ·
Hi All,

New to the planted tank Hobby. I set this up Thursday.

Wanted to know if anybody has any Ideas to improve this.

The tank was cycled with a few plants for three weeks.

Thank you

Bump: Another view

It depends, what do you want to improve? Are you happy with it? And what are the specs of the tank? Size? Light? Co2 or no? Ferts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#732 ·
You know live leaves will generate more sugars and nitrates as they decompose (might get some fungus on leaves while ti breaks down) compared to a properly dead leaf that fell from the tree and dried out. I recall reading that somewhere recently but can't say where to link the source.

#734 ·
So you're going to plant an oak tree/sapling in the tank or riparium style (roots in water leaves out of water)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.