The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My tanks and their inhabitants
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

My tanks and their inhabitants

Tiger/yellow tank: 20gal, 2xHOB filters, sponge filter, moss, stargrass, riccia, hornwort. Approx 45 Tigers, 15 Yellows and a bunch of babies around somewhere. pH around 7 with mix of tap water and peat filtered water, Tahitian moon sand

Fire Red Tank: 10gal, AC 20 HOB, sponge filter, moss, stargrass, hornwort. Approx 60 shrimp as I heavily culled lots of the not so red ones and gave about 80 lower grades to my roomie. pH around 7 with mix of tap water and peat filtered water, cheap black gravel

Selective Breeding Tank: 10gal (of my 4 connected tanks) AC 20, Fluval 2 Plus internal filter that feeds the other 3 tanks. Moss, stargrass, hornwort. pH around 6.4 with peat filtered tap water. cheap black gravel

The two shrimp in there for breeding.

Golden/Snow Tank: 10gal (of my 4 connected tanks). AC 20, Startgrass, moss, hornwort. Approx 10 shrimp. pH around 6.4 with peat filtered tap water. cheap black gravel

The goldens were shy but here's a few shots of the ones in the tank now.

A/S Grade CRS Tank: 10gal (of my connected 4 tanks) AC30, Stargrass, moss, hornwort. Approx 80 shrimp. pH around 6.4 with peat filtered tap water. ada amazonia

SS/Selective Breeding: (7.5gal of my connected 4 tanks), AC 20, sponge filter. Moss, stargrass, hornwort. 1 male, 2 berried females, approx 30 babies. pH around 6.4 with peat filtered tap water. netlea soil

The male stud.

One of the two females in there.

PFR Female/Naturally occurring male rili breeding test. 2.5 gal. Sponge filter, moss, hornwort. Approx 40 shrimp. pH around 7 with peat filtered tap water and tap. cheap black gravel

20gal SS/SSS (Hopefully soon to be Taiwan Bee Tank). Eheim Pro 2 2026, sponge filter, stargrass, moss, hornwort. Approx 50+ SS/SSS juvi's. pH around 5.6 with RO water and netlea soil.

Breederbox fed from my spraybar, sponge filter, moss. No one in there right now.

FTS Shots. The top 3x10gal and the 7.5gal are all connected together to give 37.5gal volume of water and allow me to keep grades separate. Excuse the mess around it. And 1 lone empty tank sitting there for something???? Cardinals maybe in my future.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome