The Planted Tank Forum banner

philly area swap list. great for local pickups!

197K views 3K replies 127 participants last post by  scapegoat 
#1 ·
#2,574 ·
Pirayaman, glad to see you are back! Was I the one that gave you the sunset hygro about a year ago?

There seems to be very few people in Philly besides the recent commenters lol. I go home to NYC frequently and there are a ton of active hobbyists up there. We are on a group on fb also, which is more direct than the forums here. I think it's worth the drive up for the next swap meet they have.
no, I'm here. I just don't have much to trade, and I need to watch the spending hehehe

#2,568 ·
Pirayaman, glad to see you are back! Was I the one that gave you the sunset hygro about a year ago?

There seems to be very few people in Philly besides the recent commenters lol. I go home to NYC frequently and there are a ton of active hobbyists up there. We are on a group on fb also, which is more direct than the forums here. I think it's worth the drive up for the next swap meet they have.

#2,580 ·
Anybody have any Blyxa Japonica for trades?

If you want to get in on the plant order I'm about to place...

Go here: www.aquariumplants.com

PM a list of what you want. I'll send you back the total with shipping included. Prices will be much less than what is posted on the site for each plant. I won't be getting any equipment on this order so plants only please. Hopefully we can get a big enough order together to offset the shipping cost and still save a bunch of money. Prices go down the bigger the order gets...

#2,582 ·
I'll be placing my plant order tonight or tomorrow so last call to get on board. I have a Finnex Ray 2 coming this week as well. I already have the ferts and Co2 junk from my previous high tech tanks. I'm excited to get this new tank fully planted and running...

I added some Julii Corys and a Featherfin Squeaker catfish to the tank today. Needed some bottom dwellers to scavenge...

#2,584 · (Edited)
I know it's not plants but is anyone interested in some free fish? Pickup only, I am in South Philadelphia. I just rescaped a tank and am looking to rid of old stock, I've gotten into microfish but can't set up another tank.

You DON'T have to take all these guys as a group - if you are just in the market for some, let me know.

5 Rosy Barbs (puntius conchonius)- 1 male, 4 female - short/pale-fin variety, chubby and healthy, good color.

2 Gold Barbs (puntius semifasciolatus) - both probably female - one has equilibrium issues that it's had for years. Both otherwise healthy. Last two survivors of what was formerly a big group.

1 3" Chinese Algae Eater (gyrinocheilus aymonieri) - sex unknown - hasn't shown any aggression towards any tank mates but they are known to get at least twice this size and prey on flat-bodied, slow fish so keep that in mind if you want to take it home.
I've had all these fish together for years in a 29 gallon high. That's the minimum requirement for the CAE, although it will eventually need a bigger tank than that. Supposedly they get up to 11 inches, although anecdotally, owners say they rarely do... Mine has a good and varied diet and has only grown an inch in 3 years.

Anyone interested or know someone who might be?

#2,589 ·
Hi All,
I have some stuff i'd like to get rid of.

Please excuse the messy tank - I just moved it from the basement to my office on the 2nd floor and made a mess of it.

Cherry shrimp
low-grade CRS
Xmas moss
Small crypts, wendti red, parva, green
a couple stems of Alternanthera reineckii roseafolia
And
A giant Crypt Nurii pahang mutated - its shading half the 10g and I lost most of my DHG carpet :(

I also have 10-12 albino cories free to a good home (i'll throw in some cherrys and a couple CRS to anyone who takes them off my hands).

Other stuff:
Sponge filters
Petco airpump
24oz CO2 tank
Glass diffuser

PM me if you're interested in anything.

Pick up only in Collingswood NJ.

pics:

Attachments

#2,602 ·
Fish For Sale / Trade

18 Leopard Longfin Danios
2 Cardinals
2 Black Skirt Tetra
2 Rummynose Tetra

Looking to clear the randoms out of my 55 stock. Looking to replace with a school of Harlequin Rasboras. Let me know if interested. Not looking for much. Maybe trade for some interesting mosses or something...

#2,603 ·
Plants for sale or trade, Clifton Heights

Hello All,

Here is what I have

Ludwigia sp red $1.50 each

Staurogyne Repens Tropica 049 25x $20

or

Staurogyne Repens Tropica 049 $1 each

Most know, I always give extras.

PM me if you are interested.

Clint

#2,606 ·
Anyone want 5 neon tetras? I bought them just to help cycle my tank a bit before adding shrimp. Now the shrimp are in with them and I don't want the tetras to eat the baby shrimp because 10 females are berried are about to release it looks like. Cherries are pretty low grade though. I'm gonna look around for a good deal on PFR and swap them out eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.