The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - dr.tran's 29 gal high tech tank (not 56k friendly)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
dr.tran
Planted Tank Guru

dr.tran's 29 gal high tech tank (not 56k friendly)

I started about 5 years ago and I was a complete noob. I didn't know much and I relied on some information I read over the years which wasn't always correct and I had a very rough start. But finally in the end I am starting to finally grasping it. Special thanks to kotoeloncat, mrkookm, and Wö£fëñxXx. They have always tried to help me and kotoeloncat was nice enough to show me in person. Of course plantedtank forum has helped me tremendously as well. So I like to show you my 29 gal tank from its humble beginnings to what I have now.

Winter 08
Here's my stats
29 gal tank
2x 65w compact florescent lights for a total of 130W
DIY co2 with a glass diffuser
Modified EI dosing with just P and K dosing
Fluorite red

Trying to cut corners, I started off on fluorite red and used DIY co2. At the time I was very interested in keeping shrimp along with my high tech tank so I remember a post that said they don't dose N or micros because it may kill shrimp. So I actually tried to EI dose for a while without micros or N.

Looked good at first.

lol at first.

Then I decided to add a full EI dosing and collectoritis got me bad.

Too many plants to name but I grew them reasonably well. I had problems with certain plants which made me get a bunch of test kits and I kept trying everything.
Next phase in next post

I'm not a doctor in real life but I play one on this forum

My 29 gal tank

blackworms culture methods

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome