Red_wall's 4 Gallon Finnex
Equipment: Finnex 4g (pico plus), pressurized paint ball co2, and 23 watt lighting.
Flora: Rotala Mac, Stargrass, Rotala Sp. 'green', X-mas moss (not pictured)
Beginning of the tank
I got my plants today - and here's the result:
Some problems that I'm having:
- Well, number one, it looks like crap, haha, I'm going to be buying some stones tomorrow to attach some flame moss to. I need to buy a carpeting plant, but I think I'll do that once I see how my stems do.
- Not sure which plants are which, there's two that looks the same, rotala green, and the stargrass.Once they grow in I might be able to tell the difference.
- The spray bar is making it to where any stem plants in front of it lean to the front - so, no stem plants to the left side of the tank, once they grow in that is.
- I'm pretty sure I messed my diffuser up from accidentally having too much pressure for a bit - there are tiny holes all in the ceramic (bigger than normal). I might invest in an ADA diffuser because I'm not liking how the input valve is on the bottom of the diffuser.
- The stem plants are so hard to plant, it's ridiculous. May end up getting some "lead" weights if I can find them.
- My drop checker came with a crappy "sucker" so it kept detaching and floating to the top.
- I want to put the spray bar up higher, but the small hose that is connecting it won't bend that way. Need to figure that out.
- I also believe that one species of plant is too big for my tank, which I may end up throwing out, or just keeping it really short.
Last edited by Red_Wall; 05-10-2012 at 02:22 AM.