The Planted Tank Forum banner

*Zombie Moan* Bbbbrrraaaiiinnsss.....

12K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  Unkillable Cat 
#1 ·
Hush, Zombie! Let me talk!

I know everyone is so excited about the... Zombie Aquarium. I used the dead tree with an overgrown graveyard as my inspiration for this lovely adventure.

What got me wanting to make a zombie tank was someone posting about how cool it would be to take the new Electric Green Skirt Tetras and make a zombie tank. Well it got me thinking they do look like radioactive zombies. Thread on the tetras is here-->Glofish Electric Green Tetra!

So I posted a discussion thread Here looking for help and I found it.

A special thank you to:

gordonrichards for the post on the skirt tetras
NWA-Planted for the wonderful piece of driftwood.
And to anyone who posted on the discussion thread! :D

Well....HERE IT IS! Well so far...

No plants yet, I still need to get my lights. I will be doing a dry start. I also need some more slate pieces for the gravestones/tombstones. The wood has a giant hole I know. But I plan on wrapping Java Moss around it doing an overgrown cave entrance. :proud:

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
Well I doubt the OP will go through with the Zombie Aquarium. However it's almost October and I think that someone should set one up! I am at my max for tanks but if you are thinking about setting up a new tank, consider the ideas in this post!

loucas6290, That lil figure is cool! Please post more pictures of your terrariums!

#54 ·
It's not somthing I'm planning for a couple of months, but as my son has discovered scooby doo I have been pondering a creepy nano project myself. I had thought out the substrate, using purple and orange sand to make a spiral floor, and "dead" driftwood trees, but that's as far as I've got.

I've also got a "haunted house" I can use. It's getting the right plants that's put the project on hold, as I'm not sure which would work out best just yet. Well that and actually getting a tank lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.