The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Discus' Diy Stainless Steel Stand ADA style
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
PTrader: (9/100%)
Discus' Diy Stainless Steel Stand ADA style

I have been gone quite a while guys. You probably think that I fell off, but Now im back on the scene I want you to see what i have been up to since you havent heard from me.

This is my Stainless steel stand. it is constructed of a solid 4x4 frame with cross bracing wrapped in 3/4" ply, skinned with Real 22ga 304 stainless.

The tank is a custom built 125. it is rimless with glass eurobracing and super clean silicone edgework that rivals ADA. I drilled the tank on the bottom for the filtration and added 1"schedule 80 bulkheads with gaskets on both sides of the glass on the advice of Tom Barr.

Took the Catalina Solar 48" 4x54t5ho and stripped off the black finish. It did not match my decor. Here we have it in a nice brushed finish that goes well with the stand.

The light hangers are bent from 3/4" EMT with a giessman adjustable cable suspension kit.

The Reefkeeper 2 control panel is flush mounted on the front of the stand. Lets me see what is going on in the tank and program/ control all of the power outlets from the front. It also looks really cool at the same time.

I will post updates to this, Will be planting soon and I will show you the inside of the cabinet and the framework. this thing is solid as can be and weighs about 300 pounds. (just the stand.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss tanked.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	45591  

Discus, (The Other White Meat.)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome