The Planted Tank Forum banner

No Fish Ten Gallon

7K views 55 replies 13 participants last post by  xjasminex 
#1 · (Edited)
So i originally had Caspian in a 5 gallon....he seemed to get bigger after i bought him or something...so i uped him to this ten gallon!

I dont have build pics, sorry, but here's what its turned into!

Specs:
Ten gallon tank
Two CFL in stock hood (15 watt)
Aqua tech 5-15 gallon filter
jager 75 watt heater
MGOCPS capped with pool filter sand

Flora:
Jungle Val
Corkscrew Val
Amazon Sword (compact)
Anubias
Java Fern
Red Tiger Lotus
Dwarf Sag
Crypt Wenti

Fauna:
Two Nerite Snails
One Prince Caspian, abeautiful double tail halfmoon betta

I just had a BGA issue, but its pretty much gone now, and it cant be seen in the pictures.

I also added a few ocmocote plus caps under some of the plants after i took this picture and i will take a new pic later today or so because they are already improving things!

I also use excel every other day or so aswell!

See less See more
#34 ·
So I got the suggestion that maybe the issues with his tail is because he's a tail biter...possible from the flow of the filter...so I stuffed it full of filter pads and moved it so it would spray towards the glass, I hope this helps.

As far as plants, I found out afteri added new more powerful light bulbs that they were to much light, some of my plants started to get burned spots, so I put the old bulbs back in and put some foil behind them to give them a kick. Also some a of the crypts are melting due to the move and replanting, but that expected, I'm hoping my carpet plants take off well too, some of them got burnt too but lessons learned!

#38 ·
Here's a new pic!
My larger taller anubias that were attached to the back of the wood all melted into nothing at the rhizome, so those are gone, my crypts are melting a bit too but I'm hopping it's because they are still adjusting to my tank, I'm sure that takes a few months, right? My dwarf sag has browned and some leaves have died off but I think that they needed more light cuz the top was covere in floaters and the same applies to the melting leaves on the red tiger lily, and I was lax on the excel, flourish and water changes. Things can only get better from here!

#40 ·
I got it at petsmart, and the floaters are amazon frogbit and duckweed.
I have been having a bit of an algae problem with the floaters they have been colonized with diatom stringy algae.

And just today i have added more plants since all of the ones attached to the back of the driftwood melted off. Ill post pics just for you since you like it!

#42 ·
Current tank pic...prince caspian isnt doing well, he continues to bite his tale and now just hangs out in one spot, he still eats but doesnt do anything else. When i get back from backpacking this week i am going to order some plants and set him up a 2.5 gallon and see if i can make him happier and feel better....

Its a bit of a jungle, im planning on doing a water change and moving some of the lotuses around, will take a better pic afterward...meanwhile enjoy me trying to figure out the macro settings on my new camera...

oh yea, i added cherry shrimp....lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.