The Planted Tank Forum banner

Random scapes

33K views 105 replies 62 participants last post by  GuppyGuppyGuppyGuppyGuppy 
#1 ·
Just posting some random scapes that I have done and working on.

36x36x36 hex

40 Breeder

36 gal corner

60P

Mini 'S'

90P

See less See more
#36 ·
If I'm right the layout foreground plant looks like Lileopsis spp. or Echinodorus tenellus. These are great tanks. Keep posting pics.

#37 ·
@wabisabi:Thanks! Hopefully I can find more pics of random scapes that I've done. I am sure there are more.

@sewingalot:Thank you for your kind comment.

@maknwar: Yes I have entered an aquascaping contest before but only once. I try not to spend too much time on them just because when I start tweeking the tank too much, I end up tweeking too much if you know what I mean.lol. I try and tell myself I have only 15 mins to play with the plants and 15 mins to scrub and change the water for each tank. If not, my wife gets mad. Hahaha!

@dewalltheway: It is lilaeopsis noveazeliandae.

@orchidman: Thank you. If I can do scapes, anyone can.

@LB79: Thank you.

#38 ·
I try and tell myself I have only 15 mins to play with the plants and 15 mins to scrub and change the water for each tank. If not, my wife gets mad. Hahaha!
I totally LOL'd at this Jojo!

So true, its happening to me with only one planted tank that I actually play with more than just changing water and scrubbing glass. My wife: "You aren't done with that yet?!?!"

#61 ·
very nice, some of your hardscape work is absolutely fantastic. It's not easy to mesh wood and stone like you do!

And I'm truly jealous of the 90H, must be so nice to work with that footprint and height. I'm constantly wishing my 75P was a 90P for the extra 6", and I know if I had a 90P I'd be wishing for that extra height of the 90H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.