The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - *Kwheeler's Stumped 55 gallon Community 6/3*
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
The 40 gallon is comin down to try and consolidate before I move in a couple months. My 55 has a better light so I can grow stems, kinda got tired of ferns and crypts so I sold most of them off and now im focusing on the 55. It also has less algae issues for whatever reason so I rescaped it last night. Trying to achieve some depth in the narrow tank isnt easy, helped by sloping up in the back and using smallrt plants up front. Might add some more substrate in the back.
Ill never be satisfied until I can build my dream tank(NA dater and dace/minnow stream biotope) but I think I like it for now. I can never keep my hands out of the tank for long.

I have a bunch of loose fissidens floating around that I want to cram in between the black stones to get a sort of carpet look, and I have some Marsilea minuta propagating in an emersed set up with hydroctyle to add as well in a little while.

I have a few stem of H. Araguia in the mail that will be added somewhere in the mix, probably near the bold.

Some random shots:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome