The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ~3 Gal Cylinder
Thread: ~3 Gal Cylinder
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
PTrader: (19/100%)
~3 Gal Cylinder

I bought this cylinder months ago at Home Goods and finally got around to doing something with it. I set it up quickly yesterday with scraps and clippings from my other tanks.

I used Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Soil capped with Eco-Complete since I have a ton of both. There's asian ambulia in there )which grows like mad in all my tanks), a couple of rotala stems, something I can't remember the name of, A little petite anubias, some blyxa that was wasting away in one of my other tanks (not enough light, I think), some pretty pathetic looking bacopa monnieri and the tiniest little bit of brazilian micro sword. I think the moss on the little hut is Taiwan. Oh...and, of course, duckweed.

I've got a Marina i25 filter which is creating quite a stir in that cylinder shape. I may need to baffle it or something.

Heater is a Hagen 7.5 watt flat one under the substrate.

Light is from my Fluval Spec supplemented by a CFL in that lamp and some ambient daylight from the north facing window.

If it works out, this will most likely become a home for one of my bettas.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I need a new camera. Then I need to learn how to use it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyl3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	43099  

Attached Images
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome