The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 57 Gallon Tank (Learning from my first planted tank)
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
People ask all the time and it's a good idea to ask in the water flea market and you want to check your light with the new PAR meter, I was wondering about the dead Eheim as they are too good and expensive to throw out and can be fixed somehow.

I sold a 2215 that I owned and used everyday for 7 years, I had just put in a new 2217 impeller and a new gasket for the motor head and I got $35 for it but they will ask if you have a minimum but I didn't. But I used it for 4 or 5 months after I installed the new parts so I feel like it was a good deal all the way around and it will last the new owner for another 7 years.

Well too cool that your already a member and I'll see you at the meeting.
I just posted a few questions on the flea market, good advice!

It's a great filter! quiet, no leaks - the double tap unit - Eheim 7444578 - broke and I couldn't let the fish wait for a spare part to ship so I purchased a Fluval 406 from a LFS - not cheap. I won't get rid of the Eheim or let it go for nothing as I can order the part and in a week it will can be up and running. I almost don't want to sell it - but if I keep it I will be tempted to MTS... Resistance is futile

The Fluval 406, btw, is whisper smooth, easy to setup, and prime.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome