The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Dewalltheway's - "The 125G"
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (135/99%)
Ideas...plenty. I will be cutting a hole in one of my interior basement stud walls so I can access the back of the tank from what I call my fish room. This will be the major re-modeling of the family room to build a base and soffit so it blends in with the room.

As far as filtration..Plan on using at least 3 fluval filters possibly 4. I will be plumbing into the lines a hydor in-line heater, atomic inline diffuser, UV sterilizer, rex style CO2 reactor and possible a PH probe. I have (4) new LED 7000K flood lights coming from that will be my lighting. I will also be ordering tomorrow 4 pieces of Texas select wood from ADG, with thanks to Frank Wazeter for picking out and photographing the pieces that I choose. I will be using Eco-complete for my substrate and will order more bags tomorrow but will use what is in my 90 gal now as well. I also have all the supplies from FiltersFast and will be building (3) Purigen reactors per a build I saw here on TPT. I just need to find some nice rock to go around the pieces of driftwood so I will have to stop in at a landscape place to try and find some. The tank will have a black background and will use the plants I have currently in my 90 gal. Well..that is a start and can't wait to get going on it.

Current Tank Journals: 125 Dream~~~~
Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome