A complete rescape has been done; I used fluorite this time around. I kept some of the old substrate in a container with fresh RO. Starting pH = 6 (or possibly lower), starting KH = 0-1. I'll recheck in three or four days and update this. Additionally, after my rescape I mucked about with my water until I had it closer to where I want it. I'm at KH = 1 and pH = 6.5 right now. It's actually a bit lower than I'd like, but c'est la vie. I'll be rechecking that as well. I replaced everything except for the floramax, so if it doesn't change then I know for certain that it was floramax and nothing else that has been giving me headaches.
Last edited by jasonpatterson; 02-20-2012 at 12:40 AM.