The Planted Tank Forum banner

My DIY CO2 is not wrong, need some advice

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  nickpower 
#1 ·
hi, my setup is 2 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of instant yeast, 4 cup of water. I put my bottle under my tank, and attached a air-stone at the end of the airtube. After 24hrs, there is no reaction or CO2 gas..... is there a problem wif my setup? pls advice.

#4 ·
Nick,

Without being there to see your setup one thing comes to mind. How old is that yeast you have in there? Yeast does have an expiration date btw. I make bread here at the house and sometimes it (the yeast) is old and wont make Co2. Check that out.

Mike :D

#7 ·
nickpower said:
hmm... there is no leaks.....
Submerging the bottle will find leaks that soapy water will not find. Submerge and watch for a long time, like 5 minutes.

#9 ·
Sure Fire Test: Submerge the entire set up in a bath tub and leave it there for a while. Come back and first make sure no water has entered the system. Second watch it for a couple minutes and see where the bubbles are coming out (should be the airstone). If there are no bubbles coming either out of the airstone or any leaks, I'd bet you need to get yourself some different Yeast.

Kyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.