The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - sKindy's 5g Fluval Chi Shrimp tank
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
sKindy's 5g Fluval Chi Shrimp tank

Thanks to you all, I decided it was high time I had a shrimp tank of my own! It also didn't help that I found a Fluval Chi 5g on Craigslist for only $35. So, I picked it up, moved some plants over from my main tank, and picked up the last two RCS from my LFS.

Latest Shot: 03.03.12

Tank: Fluval Chi 5 gallon
Filter: OEM
Lighting: OEM
Heater: Elite Submersible Preset Heater Mini, 50-Watt
Substrate: Floramax
  • Java Fern
  • Windelov Java Fern
  • Willow Moss
  • Marimo ball (Cladophora aegagropila)
  • Subwassertang
  • 4 RCS - Bubba, Gump, Tempura, Big Red
  • Uncounted RCS babies
  • 1 CRS - Hermes
  • A couple of hitchhiking snails ...
Hardscape: River rocks and Manzanita branch
Any suggestions, comments, or advice is welcomed! I recently received some really beautiful plants from OTV (you're awesome) so I am trying to split them between my two tanks. I placed the L. Aromatica in here because I love it's colors. I hope they stay and I hope it gets enough light! What I really want to do is to try and create a moss tree. We'll see, I'll have to scour for manzanita branches and then I'll have to decide whether or not I have the patience to tie the moss down.

My two RCS seem to be pretty happy. I love watching them graze and swim around! One is definitely bigger than the other - is this how you would generally sex them?

Here is a shot on the smaller one. If you look in the background there is a long red blur with a little circular black blur. That's the bigger one just chillin' on the plants!

Last edited by skindy; 03-04-2012 at 05:42 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome