The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Coach's 29 Gallon - Cichlid Restart (Post #68)
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
I'm going to use manzanita in my newest tank. I love the look of the thin, crooked branches poking out from around narrow leaf java fern, swords, crypts, etc.

I'm going for something like these...

As you see in these, the driftwood is a key part of the focal point for these tanks. I want the same in my tank, but I don't know how I want to arrange the driftwood. I've thought about cutting the base of each manzanita piece flat in order to attach them to a piece of one of those white plastic cutting boards which would sit smooth on the bottom of the tank.

I don't know how to describe this very well... I think that the best way to describe it is by comparing it to making a pedestal arrangement. I could secure the wood pieces using plastic screws from HD that go through pre-drilled holes through the cutting board and into the driftwood. I would place the arrangement into the empty tank, then begin laying the MTS substrate.

You are either confused or somehow understand my idea. Either way, what are your thoughts?

"Success is not the goal, it's merely a byproduct!"
- The Fraternity of Dirt #66 -
Just because it's dirt doesn't make it low-tech.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome