Satellite + warranty void without glas lid!! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix1 View Post
Very happy to have found this thread. Was close to buying either the Current or Ecoxotic line for my 4ft planted tank.

Will stay away from them for sure as my tank has no cover.

Still cant believe all the false marketing on their sites. They still show their lights over open water setups.
For what it's worth, I am now at 2 years and counting on my oldest LED+ close over open water without any issues. And 18 months on four more.

I can't comment on their warranty process, but they do last nicely long. I wonder if any manufacturer actually says they warranty directly close over water.

Linwood

Latest tank build: 220 Tall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I have a satellite planted plus over open tank and has been working for about six month's so maybe too early to tell.
Mine came with extra battery for programmer but I have not needed it yet.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Algae Grower

The leds in those plus models are completely coated in a waterproof epoxy, the power supplies can be problematic from what ive. The one time I had to replace a current product the customer service was excellent. They have a claims area on the website. When replacing, unless it's amazon and a week old, always go right to the manufacturer. The wholesaler will not usually replace unless it's a shipping related issue.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 AM
Planted Member

I posted this thread a few weeks ago:

50% failure on Current Satellite + AC adapters

I'm concerned about the cheap AC adapters being a fire hazard - take a look at the pics of the glazed plastic that got a wee bit too hot before the AC adapter died. It is the third one (of 6) to stop working.

I noticed that on all tanks that now have the Sat+ fixtures are growing BBA. Nothing changed on any of these tanks aside from the upgraded fixtures. I did what many did....replaced those old, hot, power hungry T5 strips with the reasonably priced Sat + fixtures. I wish I hadn't. My crypt only tanks have suffered...for a long time I doubted that the switch from T5 lights actually had anything to do with the reduced growth. Some of my rarer sp. slowly died entirely.

I'm replacing all 6 of these Sat + fixtures with lights from a different vendor. I might spring for a bunch of Kessils next time somebody has them on sale.

I plan on disassembling one of these Sat+ fixtures to see what's inside. I'll post some pictures once I tear it apart.

I would love to have Current give us the courtesy of a response.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by agro View Post
Buy another one, return old one saying the new fixture is DOA and rather just take refund than replaced.
I'm pretty sure you only have 30 days to return it, after that they won't accept it
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 02:51 AM
Algae Grower

The Box says its water resistant to IP 65.

I just got my sat + pro and saw the thread. My box says the fixture is IP 65 water resistant and the definition is below. I would doubt this would cover submersion. I believe that rating would cover splashes from an open top but is it false advertising?
If it is really rated IP 65 what could an open aquarium do to the fixture then. My guess nothing. But the thread is saying otherwise.

IP65 Enclosures
Able to protect against water jets Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
Test duration: at least 15 minutes
Water volume: 12.5 litres per minute
Pressure: 30 kPa at distance of 3 m
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 03:07 AM
Wannabe Guru

For what it is worth, mine have been flat upon the top of the tank (so maybe 1/4 to 3/4 depending on evaporation from the water). They are sprayed and splashed a lot. I take them off ever 3-6 months and wash off with vinegar to get rid of the calcium deposits from evaporation. I have 6 of them, and all still work perfectly. I'd have to look it up to be precise, but i think it's been about 2.5 years. So warranty may not cover it, but it also doesn't seem to cause problems at least in a small sample set.

Linwood

Latest tank build: 220 Tall
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Algae Grower

Been running Satellite Pro Plus in an open top for over 8 months without any single issue at all..

Tags
current satellite led+, customer service, lighting, problems, warranty fluval

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode