Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH - Page 6 - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 262
my pleasure!

Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Hey Green Flash,

As of now, we have no initiatives in manufacturing any tank larger than a 10 gallon.

Kevin
Why is that?
Green_Flash is offline  
post #78 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: virginia, usa
Posts: 696
Any news on when the Pro timer will be available for purchase?

londonloco is offline  
post #79 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Why is that?
They're extremely hard to ship and take up a lot of space. It's a decision to store 12 48" lights or 1 50 gallon kind of thing. It's usually not worth it. We're always looking into new things though so that might change.

Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline  
post #80 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonloco View Post
Any news on when the Pro timer will be available for purchase?
We will ship the ramp timer pro out in January and should be available for you guys early February!

Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline  
post #81 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 202
Hi, I have a question about your single ramp timer:

Is it able to do 2 on/off cycles (a split photoperiod) per 24 hours?

My fluorescent fixture is starting to go on the fritz, so it's time to buy something new. I really like the looks of your Sat+, but I suspect it puts out too much light for my low-light tank. With the fluorescent (also a fixture that is too high of light to run my tank as low-light), the split photoperiod did wonders at controlling algae, and I would love to continue to do that with the Sat+... if I can. Another question, would the split photoperiod reduce the life of the LED?
naturelady is offline  
post #82 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Algae Grower
 
Dmarksvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 118
I'm unclear how the ramp timer pro will work with the satellite plus fixtures that already have a dawn/dusk mode.

Will the pro allow me to set up dawn/dusk, automatically transition to storm or other modes then back to dawn/dusk, and then to moon light without having to reset anything or use the remote? I basically want it to run all those cycles in a 24 hour period with no interference from me. Meaning I don't wanna have to push a button every time I want the moon light on, or every time I want a storm. Will it do that for me?

Also is there any point to using just a dual ramp timer on a + fixture? What increased functionality would the dual give me on a +?
Dmarksvr is offline  
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelady View Post
Hi, I have a question about your single ramp timer:

Is it able to do 2 on/off cycles (a split photoperiod) per 24 hours?

My fluorescent fixture is starting to go on the fritz, so it's time to buy something new. I really like the looks of your Sat+, but I suspect it puts out too much light for my low-light tank. With the fluorescent (also a fixture that is too high of light to run my tank as low-light), the split photoperiod did wonders at controlling algae, and I would love to continue to do that with the Sat+... if I can. Another question, would the split photoperiod reduce the life of the LED?
I have the single ramp timer and there's only 1 on/off cycle. It's still a great product IMO. But you shouldn't have to worry about splitting your light cycles to reduce algae because the Sat+ is dimmable. You can customize your output to your desire and save it in the memory (there's 4 memory slots).
Brian_Cali77 is online now  
post #84 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Planted Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
I have the single ramp timer and there's only 1 on/off cycle. It's still a great product IMO. But you shouldn't have to worry about splitting your light cycles to reduce algae because the Sat+ is dimmable. You can customize your output to your desire and save it in the memory (there's 4 memory slots).
Thanks for the info!! I agree that it sounds like a great product, but for now, I am going to get just the light and see how that works with my setup. When I have a better understanding of what I need, then I can get fancy timers.
naturelady is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome