Planted Tank Obsessed
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Water change yesterday. Had some tests done and found the nitrate to be between 5-10ppm so exactly what I had wanted. All other parameters are standard. I do believe I have reached an equilibrium. Also, cleaned alot of the diatom out of the tank. Stem plants are making remarkable progress, new shoots everywhere. The HC seems to be making a come back, I did not realize this but I tried to get more water flow to the substrate surface and diverted the nozzle but it was aimed too low, got a nice film on the water surface...Fixed that last night. Hopefully, this routine will produce better results.
One thing I want to note...I have a pretty established tank, flourite contained alot of mulm. Because I added the eco-complete ontop, and unrinsed, that probably helped the diatom appear. Had a few other aquarists confirm this is definitely a possibility.