The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY Co2 for a shrimp tank

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jasonpatterson 
#1 ·
I have a fluval EBI 7.9 (Well, not yet, but I'm just planning) gallon with 2 stock 13w lights, and one 13w ottlite desk lamp. To combat algae I'm going to have to do Co2, and I just figured pressurized wasn't worth it with such a small tank. So I purchased some Co2 tubing, check valves, and a drop checker off [Ebay Link Removed] How am I gonna do this? Should I use the regular 2 liter soda bottle, or would that be too big for this tank? I'll use the stock fluval EBI filter, but plan to add a HOB and diffuse the co2 through that, sound good? Just wondering on how I can set this up.

Fauna: Will be RCS, possibly an otto or two depending on algae.

Florida: Fissidens, flame moss, peacock, taiwan, xmas, riccia, anubias petite nana, java ferns, frogit, and a couple unIDed crypts. Will probably add more crypts and stem plants when money allows it.

#2 ·
use jello co2 for a longer more stable batch. i always recommend the rigid cranberry containers of various sizes because they dont tip as easily. the crypts will love the stable co2 more than the fluctuating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.