The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - *Kwheeler's Stumped 55 gallon Community 6/3*
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
*Kwheeler's Stumped 55 gallon Community 6/3*

The 40 gallon is no longer running and the 55 has turned out way better than anything else I have attempted and has become the focus of this thread. When I get some time im going to start a new cleaned up thread with a progression of fts for the 55 so its not so confusing.

Started threads on both of these tanks before but lost track of them due to never updating. Gonna try again.

55 gallon tank
hagen glo 2 x 54 w t5ho (6700k)
Baylees better bottom substrate, EI root caps
Light EI and excel
DIY CO2(only 1/2 bubble per second)

8 pb angels
8 dwarf chain loaches
3 C. Melanistius
1 stiphoodn elegans
assorted danios:
Lake inle
2 redline rasboras
2 farlowellas
2 sewellia lineolata

Plants updated:
C. Spiralis
C. Wendtii red
C. Undulata
C. Lucens
C. Lutea
L. Arcuata
L. palustris
L. Repens x arcuata
L. 'red'
H. angustifolia
H. 'araguia'
H. 'bold'
R. rotundifolia
A. nana
Fissisdens fontanus
Java moss
Riccia fluitans
Salvinia minima

This tank is just a conglomeration of wood rocks and plants that didnt get used in the 40 and pulled out of smaller tanks I tore down when I moved. I like it though and the fish seem to enjoy it.

Sorry for crappy phone pics I dont have internet to upload them with the camera.

40 gallon or a close facsimile... Fish are lake inle danios, choprae danio, kyathit danio, sewellia lineolata, farlowella vitatta, otocinclus.
Plants are C. Wendtii red and tropica, lucens, parva, lutea, undulata, java needle leaf, marsilea minuta(makin a comeback), anubia nana(maybe petite), and java moss.

Lighting is a coralife t5 I think 48 watts? substrate in both is baylees better bottom.
Flourish but not lately.

I was thinking about adding diy co2, but not a large amount just enough to make things grow a little better... Will my crypts melt if add co2 though, even in small proportion?

Again sorry for bad pics...

Last edited by kwheeler91; 06-04-2012 at 03:58 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome