The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Dorothy and Dolly's Nano Pond (update 6Mar2012)
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Yep, the shockwave breaks the stones, and of course, injure any kidney meat around it as well which causes lacerations, and yes she was pissing red for 4-5 days. Now the red's gone. But kinda worried whether the broken stones are really dissolved, or not. She is also taking some kind of alkalinizer (not sure if this is the right word) to dissolve the pieces of stones. Doc says if the stones are small <1cm, then u can opt for the dissolving method (no operation of any kind), but for my cousin's case, the stone is already 1.8cm. And it is blocking the kidney connection to the bladder. Scary...

Anyway, back to pond. hehe.
It would be cool if you can put plants in the pots such that they grow over the edge to hide to pond edge.
Yeah... That's my idea as well.. those edges need to be hidden. Actually I was planning to get a rectangular pot a bit higher than the pond, so it will automatically hide the edges. It's in my consideration depending of the type of pot available.

And gotta say man, that random floating anubias cracks me up.
Hahahaha.. I haven't removed it, actually I plan to put it in my betta tank. My betta seems to love swimming all over the place (not just top surface).

Dorthy looks huge too... she used to be in a 5.5g o.O!?!! She's like 4in or something? She looks lonely though *wink wink*
Yep end to end, she is about 4". Not that lonely, there are a couple of danios in there hehe.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome