The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My First Planted Tank...Low Light 40B

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Doc7
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I like this tank a lot!! Looks great and a cool pleco!

Do you have any floating plant cover for the gourami? Also is it open-topped? I've heard they are jumpers.

I will be building a canopy for my 40B soon so I have the option of adding "jumpers" to my own tank. I haven't decided on if I want to go gourami or not because I'm not a fan of floating plants and my last gourami was unhappy (which may have been due to them or other unknown issues so I'm not sure)

Reading your other threads - i think if you do decide to go pressurized CO2 you will be quite happy with the options you have with those 2 lights and CO2. I had trouble with Cabomba species but who needs'em anyway!

My tank is an absolute mess compared to yours ... I need to start moving my "starter stems" out and putting in fore/mid/background groups so I have a good looking tank like yours!

40 Breeder Journal
Eheim Pimp Club - Member 468 (2 x 2217, 1 x 2213)
----
New Jersey? Nearby State? Join the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club!! Meetups, Swaps, Local Members to discuss your tank, issues, and accomplishments!
NJAGC Member since 11/2011

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome