The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Madagascar Inspired Mantella Paludarium

48K views 168 replies 23 participants last post by  Fishies_in_Philly 
#1 ·
i decided to move this build journal over to this thread since it is for frogs. to see the beginning of the build, you can go here :
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197462

this is going to be a quickie update. after 2 days of foaming, adjusting, adding my diy rain system, i am finally complete the "construction phase" of this project. the vinyl tubing you see in the pics are for my rain system. basically, it's a hydroponics irrigation system that runs off of a pond pump that i modified to work for me. they will eventually be covered in silicone/coco fiber to look like vines. i do have pics of how the rain system works, if anyone wants, i will post them on request.

here's where we are at, after all the foaming is done and curing. i'll start covering the background in a few days

sorry the pics aren't better, but i've been working one this sucker the past 4 nights straight and i am whooped!!

See less See more
#157 ·
I have to admit, when you started I just couldn't see it, but now the finished product is absolutely amazing! Totally beautiful, good job!

#160 ·
thanks Bubba!! i am actually very happy with it right now. my aerangis is blooming, i'll post pics of it after it flowers. in the mean time, here's a little something to whet the appetite until i finish the 125, it's new inhabitants arrived today!!
Mantella Betsileo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.