The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chad320s collection of plants (pics 12/15)

274K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 · (Edited)
:icon_frowSo I got a new camera and havent figured out how to use it properly yet so heres a peek at a project that i've been tossing together for about 3-4 weeks to test a photo......

Attachments

See less See more
#2,128 ·
My colorata is never that color but grows the same, it doesn't get any roots until it reaches the surface and starts to lay flat on the water then roots pop from every node and a new plant starts just above. This seems like a great way to propagate, now it just has to break off and float down stream.

all your tanks look nice Chad, my regular nurii also hates Excel and is the first to show and signs of stress, which is too bad because my tank is full of algae and could use some Excel.

#2,134 ·
I did do a spot treatment right before my water change and it did help, I only used 20 ml at best to float some Excel over my fissidens for 2 or 3 minutes but I think it's all going to die as I didn't know fissidens doesn't like Excel, then while the water was low I did the driftwood and that worked well.

I still get the opposite result but it's mostly just photos and the text might be Russian, so it could say don't mistake this for Mini Rose for all I know, but there are no good articles on these to date.

#2,135 ·
lol awesome! really who wouldnt want an extra set of hands helping out :p

Amy
She is actually useful for alot of things. She likes to help change water, she is the pilot of the magnet glass cleaner, shes an extra set of hands, and is helpful for clean up. Its cute to hear her try to say the scientific names of the plants too :)

I did do a spot treatment right before my water change and it did help, I only used 20 ml at best to float some Excel over my fissidens for 2 or 3 minutes but I think it's all going to die as I didn't know fissidens doesn't like Excel, then while the water was low I did the driftwood and that worked well.

I still get the opposite result but it's mostly just photos and the text might be Russian, so it could say don't mistake this for Mini Rose for all I know, but there are no good articles on these to date.
Yes, any good moss doesnt like Excel. Only the crappy ones you dont want will live :p The spot treating with a regular dose with the pumps off works good! The moss ID thing is as confusing as a miss ID'd crypt.

#2,151 ·
Your flower looks great, and is that moss growing above the water line on it's own? It's cool that your daughter is into planted tanks, I think all kids love nature and the thought of preserving their own little piece in trying to understand it, plus you'll be able to help her setup those ADA tanks you buy her for her birthday, Christmas, graduating the 6th grade etc.

#2,162 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.